Guidelines for Authors
First: General Instructions:
- A scientific , quarterly and nonprofit journal, specialized in publishing sport researches by physical education and sport sciences college for girls / Baghdad university
- The journal adopts a policy of double secret arbitration and free access to research without restriction or condition.
- Names, email addresses, and phones are used in the journal's database for scientific purposes only, and not for any other reasons
- The journal depends on the license (CC BY 4.0) (a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license)
- A preliminary review of the submitted research was done by the editorial board and an electronic induction was performed, the researcher will get note if there is any problem during the first week.
- The research was referred to scientific arbitration by the editorial board of two arbitrators who are secretly approved by the journal
- The arbitration process takes place within a period of (3) weeks, according to the journal's instructions
- Depending on the recommendations of the arbitrators, the research is accepted as it is or after the amendments are made or rejected, and the researcher is informed of that.
- After completing the arbitration, the researcher must pay (150,000 ID) as a publication fees , Note that the magazine is non-profit and the above expenses are to cover the fees of arbitration, publishing and translation only
- Publication for researchers from outside Iraq is completely free
- All research arbitration procedures are electronically based on the Open Journal System (OJS).
Second: Publishing instructions:
Make a written commitment of (Researcher's statement (and also upload two copies of research, one of them is with the researchers’ names and the other with out them
- Research pages should not exceed 12 pages
- The research written by font named (Times New Roman) in size (14)
- The search tab is in the following sequence
- (title, names, e-mails, Orcid)
- Abstract, Keywords
- Introduction with (problem, importance, aims, hypothesis, fields)
- Methods and tools (research methodology, tools, devices, tests, training program, measurement, pre and post-tests, statistical program)
- Results (tables and data)
- Author's declaration (Conflicts of interest,Ethical-Clearance,Author’s contributions,Facilitate the task)
- References written by APA
- After uploading the research, the fees of reviewing must be paid (20,000) , and then after getting the acceptance of publishing (130,000) , as known that the journal is non-profit and those fees for reviewing and publishing only.
NOTE: please commit to the instructions and notes of reviewers and applied them as soon as possible to the research, then upload the research again
Manuscripts submitting for publication procedures
All academics from Iraqi, Arabic, and foreign universities can send their manuscript for publishing in the modern sport according to the following steps:
- Sending the manuscript electronically to the official website of the Journal of Modern Sport on the bottom of
- the form (Microsoft Word 2010) onwards after you registered on the site as an Author and then login.
- We strongly recommend choosing the three options below when registering in order to be registered for sending the manuscript and to be an approved reviewer, as well as to get a free electronic copy of each issue sent to your email, so you should full the reviewing interests’ (scope’s of reviewer specialization) as in the picture below.
- After registering the account and logging into it, go to home page and choose (Make a Submission) then (Make a New Submission)